
This is one of my new friends. I pass him on my walk to school every day. Sometimes the cows get loose when it rains and they run around enjoying the coolness. This is in the middle of a dense city with shacks and new apartment buildings all lumped together. Yesterday , as we were driving down airport road... think Kingsway with 4 lanes on each side .... at twice the speed - we saw a guy herding 3 cows down one lane going into traffic...
One of these benign "holy cow!" s took it upon himself to butt me and put the horn at me in slow motion... .. a little scratch.. a hole in my shawl...I decided not to sue for damages..do you think he knew I was a non-believer...and loved standing rib?....I'm so envious that you are there...it is life changing and life-affirming...there is so much hope amidst the natural disasters and everchanging politics...I think of you there...every day...I think of India...Bangladesh.... when I got to star in my own movie...both Jean and I felt the incredible inportance of all of life's really serious questions...and the colours and the smells...the daily theatre .you are really ALIVE there....an I think it can't help but make you understand what is really important..love and a hug ...susan
ReplyDelete