May 10th It is hard to believe that I have been here for 10 days already. Most days begin with a walk to the University – past many construction sites and people heading off to work or school. We visitors from Vancouver do stand out in the neighborhood and receive lots of greetings from children along the way. The big morning challenge is crossing the road in front of the school – a recent addition is a man with a big stick who assists us and others in crossing between cars.
The school of nursing is a very busy place. Alex is teaching 3 courses , I am just teaching one and sitting in on a few others. The students are very friendly and welcoming – in my first community health nursing class the students did a great job of analyzing the health issues and identifying ideas for addressing them.
The weather continues to be hot – but we had rain yesterday so that cooled us down a bit. I think there is more on the way. I may get to try out my gum boots as the roads in our neighborhood are dirt and the drainage is poor. The dirt is really more like red clay – fortunately I haven’t slipped in it yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment